Who we are
- Mohawk Online Limited (“Mohawk”) registered in the Bailiwick of Jersey with company number 118776 whose registered office is at Block 3, the Forum Grenville Street, St Helier, Jersey JE2 4UF, is the operator of Sports Interaction, and the provider of gaming and gambling services, and is licensed and regulated by the Kahnawà:ke Gaming Commission and the Jersey Gambling Commission.
At Sports Interaction we are committed to protecting the privacy of your personal information.
The information we collect is used to provide you with our best online betting experience. We take your privacy seriously and hope the following information gives you complete transparency regarding your rights, the information we gather, how we use it, and how to correct or change it.
If you have any questions about how Avid or Mohawk use your personal information, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
- What personal information we collect. We collect personal information to provide our services, and any other information you provide to us. This may include: your name; contact information; information to establish your identity; date of birth; gender; information about your use of our services, such as transactional information, and your bets, winnings, losses, deposits and withdrawals; payment information; information in your communications with us (including call recordings, and survey responses); user IDs or online identities; images of play and screenshots; information about customer wellbeing; images and selfies; preferences and interests; whether you click or respond to our marketing; risk scores and profile classifications; and information regarding your active software applications and active processes while using our website.
- What we do with the information we collect. We use the information we collect to provide our services, and as we describe in this policy. This may include processing information to: provide our products and services; meet contractual and regulatory obligations; provide notice of changes to our service terms or policies; provide customer service and address questions or concerns; to meet legal obligations; to perform identity checks, age verification and ensure responsible gambling (including self-exclusion, or our choice to exclude you ); to communicate with you; for surveys, competitions and promotions; to improve our products and services; to understand the effectiveness of our advertising, and make it more relevant; build a profile of you, your preferences and your habits to better understand your interests; to prevent or detect crime, fraud or breaches of our terms; and to exercise or defend legal claims.
- When we disclose personal information. We may disclose personal information to third parties that help us process it for the purposes we describe. We may also disclose it if we undergo a business transaction or where permitted or required by law. We may disclose personal information to verify your identity, including to confirm your age, identity and payment details. We check your identity when you first register with us, we share information with Credit Reference Agencies, such as TransUnion Canada (via Aristotle provider) and Equifax Canada (via GBGroup). This check will leave a footprint (“Soft-Mark”) on your credit record. Further to the Credit Reference Agencies mentioned above, we will also utilise the services of Jumio, who assist with the capture, verification, and extraction of details from Identity Documents. Further information about how these agencies hold and use your information can be found on their relevant websites.
- Your choices. If you receive commercial email from us, you may unsubscribe from them. You may also change your marketing preferences under “Settings” in your account. Subject to limits in the law, you may access and correct your personal information, exercise certain other rights regarding how we use your personal information. If you withdraw consent to our processing of information necessary to provide our services, we may no longer be able to provide those services to you.
What we use your Personal Data for
Typical Personal Data
Provision of products or services
To meet our obligations arising from any agreements entered into between you and us and provide you with the information, products and services that you request from us, including information about changes to our website, services or our terms, conditions and policies.
Customer Service matters
To provide you with customer services, answer your questions or address your complaints or concerns.
Meeting our legal and regulatory obligations
Identity Checks, Age Verification and Responsible Gambling
To meet our Responsible Gambling obligations (such as recording self-excluders and where we believe a customer has a gambling problem).
Undertake Surveys competitions and promotions
To invite you to take part in competitions, to provide us with feedback on your experiences and to improve our products and services using such feedback, take up promotions or to keep you informed about products and services which may be of interest to you.
Lifestyle and demographic Insight and Profiling
To build a profile of you, your preferences and your habits to better understand your interests and how you play.
Improve our services and ensure our systems are secure and up to date
To ensure that content from the site is presented in the most effective manner for you and for your computer, maintain and improve our products and services, optimize business processes, ensure the integrity of our systems and manage our Information Technology estate, undertake quality assurance, support efficient management of our staff, analyze and improve the performance of webpages, services, or promotions and provide content that is relevant to you
Prevention and Detection of Crime,
To prevent or detect crime, fraud, theft or loss to our business and our customers and prevent the use of unfair practices in our websites or potential breach of our General Terms and Conditions and of applicable law.
In certain circumstances, such as high depositing players and/ or politically exposed persons, we will carry out enhanced due diligence focused on affordability, source of funds and background checks. These due diligences could include additional documentation provided by players, based on a case-by-case basis, or information available in the public domain.
Business sale, acquisition and rights
To exercise or defend legal claims or acquiring or selling a business
As part of your account creation, we supply your information details to authorized third parties to confirm your age, identity and payment details. You agree and understand that these checks may be undertaken by authorized third parties to complete identity verification.
Where we have specified that the legal basis upon which we collect your information is in relation to the performance of a contract, failure to provide that information to us may delay or prevent us from fulfilling our contract with you. Where we require information to enable us to perform a contract with you or to comply with our legal obligations, failure to provide that information to us could mean that you are unable to use any of the services we provide.
In jurisdictions where consent is the legal basis on which personal data may be processed, you consent to our processing of your personal data for the purposes set out above, subject to your ability to withdraw consent at any time by contacting us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below. This will only affect the way we use information when our reason for doing so is based on your consent (e.g. for marketing purposes), and does not have retroactive effect. See the ‘Your rights as a data subject’ section for more information about the other rights you have in relation to your personal information.
Additional Personal Information
Sports Interaction may occasionally contact a player directly to acquire more information in order to validate an online transaction or to distribute winnings.
This information includes but is not limited to: verification of your age, verification of your address and verification of your financial information.
In the event of a registration where we receive notice that a player submitted an inaccurate birth date (upon account creation) and is under the legal Age of Majority, we will close their account.
Sports Interaction may on occasion transfer your data for one or more of the following purposes:
- Provision of betting services, which are provided by Mohawk,
- Customer service
- Administration of customers' accounts,
- Provision of customer transactions via your banking service provider,
- Client identity and money laundering checks,
- Risk Management and mitigation, and
- Provision of a seamless service between the customer's account and other Sports Interaction services which include but are not limited to online casino games and poker.
Sports Interaction shares customer information with third parties for security and fraud prevention purposes, the conduct of authorized games and for enforcement and regulatory purposes. Our intention is always to create a safer online environment which enhances the customer experience while protecting their details and privacy.
The cookies we use contain information such as their name or user identification number for both player protection and risk mitigation purposes.
There are two types of cookies:
First party cookies: These are cookies set and used by Sports Interaction only to execute basic site and account functions and improve the customer experience.
- Session cookies: These are used to allow a user to login to the site. Without them a user session cannot be maintained securely, and the site is unusable.
- Other cookies: These have an expiration date and are used by Sports Interaction to enable customized site content and user preferences.
Third party cookies: These are cookies used by Sports Interaction compliance, security and analysis which are set by a few chosen partners. This information is statistical and anonymous and is used to improve Sports Interaction's website and services. Our security cookies reduce fraud and enable us to run a more efficient and safer site.
Use the options in your web browser to notify you when you receive a cookie, or you may change your cookie preferences in your internet browser or with third parties. You can control and/or delete cookies used by Sports Interaction at any time. Please note, however, that cookies allow for optimal functionality of the Sports Interaction website and are required for some features of our websites to operate. By using Sports Interaction’s website, you consent to the installation of cookies by or on behalf of Sports Interaction as described in this Policy.
Sports Interaction recognizes the importance of keeping customer details and payment information safe.
Our systems and processes use physical, operational, and technological protections to help prevent customer information from being compromised.
Some of our measures include:
- Site Seal from Digicert. Symantec is the world's leading Certificate Authority for encryption certificates. We use Transport Layer Security (TLS), the successor to Secure Socket Layer (SSL), encryption. Quarterly, independent assessments for compliance with the Payment Card Industry Security Standard (PCI DSS), a worldwide information security standard defined by the Payment Card Industry Security Standards Council. The standard helps prevent credit card fraud through increased controls around how we store and use customer data.
- Using only Federal Information Processing Standards (FIPS) compliant cryptography systems to encrypt customer data.
- Mohawk and Avid are registered under the Data Protection (Jersey) Law 2018 at the Jersey Office Of The Information Commissioner.
Storage and retention of personal information
Even though we have taken steps to help protect the personal information in our control, you should know that we cannot fully eliminate security risks associated with personal information. No security measures can provide absolute protection. We cannot ensure or warrant the security of any information you provide to us.
We will store your personal information for as long as you remain a customer of Sports Interaction. However, we may keep your data for as long as needed for the purposes we have stated in this notice, including in order to:
- respond to a question or complaint, or to show whether we gave you fair treatment;
- study customer data as part of our own internal research;
- obey rules that apply to us about keeping records; and
- comply with legal, regulatory or technical reasons.
International Transfers of Personal Information
Sports Interaction and its security and payment partners may store or process your personal information outside of your jurisdiction of residence, including in Canada, Jersey, the UK, Gibraltar, the USA, Malta, Ireland, Columbia, India and Austria. Where Sports Interaction transfers your personal information outside the UK or the EEA, it does so in reliance on an adequacy decision by the European Commission or the UK Information Commissioner (as appropriate), subject to agreements with third parties that incorporate the standard data protection clauses approved by the European Commission or the UK Information Commissioner (as appropriate), or as otherwise permitted under UK or EU data protection laws.
Personal information processed and stored in another country may be subject to disclosure or access requests by the governments, courts or law enforcement or regulatory agencies in that country according to its laws.
If you have any questions regarding our use of service providers outside of Canada, you may contact us using the contact information we provide below.
The Sports Interaction site contains links to a limited number of other sites. We are not responsible for the privacy practices or the content of such web sites.
Your rights as a data subject
You have certain rights to control how we use your personal information. To exercise these rights, please contact Avid or Mohawk using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
- You may update or change information previously provided to us by clicking here. This is part of your right to obtain from us without undue delay the correction of inaccurate or incomplete personal information. You can also contact us if you would like us to correct the information we hold about you.
- You may request access to any personal information that we hold about you, and certain information about how we process your personal information. If you would like to have access to the personal information we have about you, please contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below. Please note that in some cases, we may not be able to allow you to access certain personal information in certain circumstances, for example if it contains personal information of other persons, or for legal reasons.
- You have the right to obtain from us the erasure of your personal information without undue delay where certain circumstances exist. Note that this right is not absolute, and we have the right not to agree to those requests in certain circumstances (e.g. if we need to retain your personal information to comply with a legal obligation).
- You have the right to obtain the restriction of processing of your personal information if: (i) it is not accurate; (ii) it has been used unlawfully, but you do not want us to delete it; (iii) it is not relevant anymore, but you want us to keep it for use in legal claims; or (iv) you have objected to us using your personal information, but you are waiting for us to confirm if we have compelling legitimate grounds to keep on processing your personal information.
- Where we process your personal information on the basis of your consent, or in connection with the performance of a contract, you have the right to receive the personal information you have provided to us in a structured, commonly used and machine-readable format, and the right to transfer that personal information to a third party, provided that we process that information by automated means.
- You have the right to object at any time, on grounds relating to your particular situation, to the processing of your personal information, where we process your information on the basis of our legitimate interests. Note that we may be able to continue processing your personal information if we have compelling legitimate grounds to do so.
To help protect against fraudulent requests for access to your personal information, we may ask you for information to allow us to confirm that the person making the request is you or is authorized to access your information before granting access. For example, we may require you to verify your identity before you access your personal information.
Your personal information may, for the purposes described above, be transferred or disclosed to any Sports Interaction company, and/or Sports Interaction employees or representatives, on a need to know basis or, subject to appropriate agreement with third parties, for the processing of that personal information on our behalf. For example, Sports Interaction may, from time to time, retain third parties to process your personal information for the purposes listed above. Sports Interaction may also transfer or disclose your personal information if either Avid or Mohawk sell or buy any business or assets, or sell any companies in the Mohawk group or Avid group, in which case Avid or Mohawk may disclose your personal information to the prospective seller or buyer of such business or assets or companies in the Mohawk group or Avid group.
In circumstances where we deem it appropriate, your personal information may be disclosed to any regulatory authority (whether at the request of such authority or otherwise) which has issued Sports Interaction with a gambling operating license or which supervises Sports Interaction for compliance with anti-money laundering responsibilities or that otherwise has the legal authority to require disclosure of information. By agreeing to this policy, and by use of the Sports Interaction site or otherwise, you agree that Sports Interaction may store and use information about you and your account(s) for the purposes outlined in this policy.
Sports Interaction respects your privacy and will not report, unless required by applicable law, any information relating to members' accounts, winnings or losses to any government agencies. It is, therefore, your own responsibility to report any winnings to your respective authorities if this is applicable in your country.
Right to Change Internet Privacy Statement
If you have any complaints about how we have used your personal information, you can contact us using the details in the ‘Contact’ section below.
You also have the right to complain to regulators (as set out below).
The protection of your personal information held by Mohawk Online Limited is regulated and audited under the rules of the Kahnawà:ke Gaming Commission and the Jersey Gambling Commission.
For independent certification of Mohawk Online Limited’s compliance with the KGC rules and regulations please refer to our Certificate of Good Standing.
Data supervisory authority
For complaints to a data supervisory authority in relation to Avid or Mohawk’s processing of your personal information you can contact, in Jersey, the Jersey Office of the Information Commissioner, and you can find details on how to contact them on their website: https://jerseyoic.org/make-a-complaint/.
You may also contact the regulatory authority in your jurisdiction of residence.
Sports Interaction Anti-Spam Policy
All members of Sports Interaction will only receive promotional emails from Sports Interaction if they have opted in to receive such emails. You may receive such messages from Avid International Limited. You may stop receiving promotional emails, news and updates at any time by changing the settings on their 'My Account' page, or by using the unsubscribe tool we include in such messages.
You can unsubscribe from commercial email announcements at any time. To unsubscribe from any special offer mailers, simply login to your account and change your personal preferences under “Settings”.
If you have questions or issues regarding opting out, you may contact us directly.
By providing your personal information and registering with us or logging on with us when you enter our website, you explicitly consent to Sports Interaction processing and disclosing your personal information for the purposes set out in this policy, or as otherwise provided in accordance with the Terms and Conditions.
Telephone calls and betting data relating to users will be recorded and may be actively monitored for training, security and complaint management purposes. Users hereby consent to these purposes.
Mohawk Online Limited
Attention: Head of Security
2006 Old Malone Road
P.O. Box 1539
Kahnawà:ke Mohawk Territory J0L 1B0
Email: [email protected]
Avid International Limited
Attention: Head of Security
Block 3 The Forum, Grenville Street
Jersey JE2 4UF
Email: [email protected]
This policy was last reviewed and updated: 31.08.2023.